Saturday, December 28, 2013

Weight loss confusion

Dear God,

I know that I need to lose weight, but I don't have the desire to do so.  I live in a society where fat is bad and thin is in.  I don't fit a standard of beauty no matter how narrow.  I have lived for society but I am also self-conscious.  Why do I need to lose weight?  The truth is, I don't really know.  I have theories and only that: theories.  I am making no sense, but I am being honest.  I know I need to, but I am scared that I won't be able to lose weight.  I need to take stock of my health and exercise regimen.  But I have not examined myself and I have not motivated myself.  I have been so stressed out about my weight that I realized that I only wanted to lose weight for unknown reasons. I just don't know.  I am lost and confused about my weight issues.  That is the truth.  I know that I need to but I have not set any goals for myself and I don't know where to begin.  Help me, Lord.  What do I need to do?  I know that I need to change my mindset, but I am not wise about my own body.  What shall I do?

In Jesus' name,

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment