Thursday, December 5, 2013

How does God feel?

Dear God,

Let me tell You how thankful I am.  I have been having issues as of late.  You never mentioned how You feel about Christmas.  How do You feel about things?  I ask for myself but I rarely ask about You.  I wish I could do a better job of doing so.  Are You angry with me or with the world at large?  I have wondered about You.  Who created You?  Did You create Yourself?  I know that with You all things are possible and they seem silly to the world, but I am sure they are meaningful to You.  I hope You will appreciate this letter.  I have been wondering lately about spiritual things and have weaned myself off of the things of the world.  Maybe that means that I am being perfected.  That cannot be done with those of the world, but can be done with true believers. 

Does it bother You that I have doubts sometimes because I am not sure that You will answer the kind of prayers that I ask?  You see, I need money.  I know I am a spendthrift who has an obsession with budgeting.  I can barely stop.  I have too many budgets and it seems too obsessive.  Maybe my brother is right.  I am too obsessed with grocery lists.  Maybe I am just bored.  Who knows but You.  Maybe there is an underlying cause behind it.  I want to have a good Christmas but I don't know how You feel about the holiday.  Does Christmas honor Jesus or does it offend Him?  Does it matter if we celebrate it or not?  Does the intention of the celebration matter?

I am concerned that I may be asking for the wrong reasons.  The truth is, I need financial help.  I would like for my bills to be paid.  I am also interceeding for my mom.  She too has bills to pay and now she is broke just like I am.  Money is a necessary thing that all of us are in need of.  How can I ask for financial help while keeping to Your will in prayer?   How shall I go about praying for financial help?  Give me the right words to say.  Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Letters to God

No comments:

Post a Comment