Saturday, September 17, 2016

Giving You my All

Lord,

I can watch all of the rapture movies, TV shows, and secular movies in the world and it has me coming to this realization: Only You save.  I ask for the Holy Spirit for answers on holiness in my life. Right now, I have the WNBA on my television.  There is a movie that is on the television called, "Silver Linings Playbook".  One of the characters in the film has a cheating wife, which is upsetting to me.  I also noticed that it does involve the use of curse words in the film.  Today, I realize or at least, I thought, that I can overcome it.  Avoidance didn't work.  Trying to be religious or use religion did not work.  I also admit that maybe I didn't have enough faith for prayer to work.  Nothing seems to work.  I admit that I don't always spend my time wisely.  I spend a lot of time watching TV, movies, and listen to music.  I guess it isn't so bad in itself.  I know that there are others who don't seem to be as confused like I am when it comes to this issue.  Father, show me exactly where I am going wrong.  Put the end to the confusion and help me to make the right decision, but for You, not for me.  I just cannot take it anymore.  I ask that You will allow and that I will allow not just for common sense, but to let Your Word prevail in this situation.

I recall, it hasn't always been like this.  I have had issues about this just under a decade ago. Everything when it comes to my health has come upon me suddenly.  I am still dealing with these health issues today.  I just have difficulty dealing with this issue.  I am supposed to be a Christian yet I am so wrapped up in the things of the world.  I need help.  I need wisdom.  I need guidance.  I need direction, so I ask for You to point me in the right direction.  I also ask for the wisdom to make me wise beyond my years.  I find myself praying and wanting to lead others to Christ.  I ask for guidance for I am lost.  I ask for help because I am in need of You.  Lord, I ask that You would fill me with Your Holy Spirit.

Forgive me for all of my sins. I  give You my situation.  It to me, is rather large.  I wonder how large or small the issue truly is to You.  However, I realize that the point is, You are hearing me.  You saved me, Lord.  You listen to me, and You love me.  I want to change and I desire to change.  My eating habits need a change, for when it comes to my health, I want to lose weight.  When it comes to exercise, I am basically in need of patience.  With exercise, there is this urgency to exercise and eat healthy.  It is as if because I have failed on both counts many times for many years, I just want to catch up.

I have had so much impatience, guilt, and wrong thinking, and I don't know how to overcome it. Show me and teach me Your ways.  I doubt that I can be useful to others if I don't know what to do when it comes to myself.  I just want to drown out any noises that either disturb me or make me anxious.  I have many a topic of anxiety.  I admit that my prayers are urgent, so I ask that You would grant me patience.  I am anxious and I live in anxiety, worry, fear, and sometimes doubt, so I ask that You would grant me clarity. and strength.  Help me to live in anything but anxiety, worry, fear, and doubt.  Help me and show me how to live in faith and strength.  I ask this in the name of Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior,

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment