Thursday, September 22, 2016

A relationship with the Lord

Father,

Your words says, "“‘These people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me. They worship me in vain: their teachings are merely human rules."  Are my prayers in vain?  My hope is that I have not done so.  My other hope is that I have not asked amiss.  My relationship with You is honest and real, I hope.  Help me to understand what it is like to develop a relationship with You. I must have not taken the time to be real with You.  I wish to show depth, honesty, and no vanity.  I fear that my praying is shallow and vain.  I haven't gotten to the heart of what has been going on with me. I ask for forgiveness, Lord, and I thank You for Your forgiveness.  I want to have a meaningful relationship with You.  I ask that You would give me the assurance of Your salvation.  You are Savior, the Son of God, and the only way to the Father.  Jesus, I ask that You would save me, for I believe also that the Father rose You from the dead.  Thank You for dying on the cross for me and for taking my place.

In Your name, Jesus,


Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment