Thursday, September 22, 2016

A relationship with the Lord

Father,

Your words says, "“‘These people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me. They worship me in vain: their teachings are merely human rules."  Are my prayers in vain?  My hope is that I have not done so.  My other hope is that I have not asked amiss.  My relationship with You is honest and real, I hope.  Help me to understand what it is like to develop a relationship with You. I must have not taken the time to be real with You.  I wish to show depth, honesty, and no vanity.  I fear that my praying is shallow and vain.  I haven't gotten to the heart of what has been going on with me. I ask for forgiveness, Lord, and I thank You for Your forgiveness.  I want to have a meaningful relationship with You.  I ask that You would give me the assurance of Your salvation.  You are Savior, the Son of God, and the only way to the Father.  Jesus, I ask that You would save me, for I believe also that the Father rose You from the dead.  Thank You for dying on the cross for me and for taking my place.

In Your name, Jesus,


Amen