Wednesday, June 29, 2016

God's view of seeing myself as beautiful

Father,

I often fail to see myself as a beautiful creation of Yours.  Help me not just to define real beauty, but to allow myself to be made over not just physically, but spiritually.  Forgive me, Father, for having such a negative attitude that is sinful, whether it is about me or about someone else.  I have not been appreciative and that is sad.  I cannot go back and change things, but I can change who I am and what I want to be.  Rather, it should be whoever who You want and created me to see.  I also ask that You would help me to see that not I was made an image as written in the Psalms.  I realize that I am a person who is fearfully and wonderfully made.  I now realize that I really have no clue what that actually means.  I have tried to apply this verse to me, and how I myself relate.  I also ask for forgiveness, healing, and cleansing, for I repent of all of my sins.  I also am in need of wisdom and understanding, for I am in need of these things.  More than anything right now, not only do I want to be Your child, but to also see myself as one as well.  This is a petition that I pray about with thanksgiving and without anxiety.  Therefore, I thank You in advance for answering this prayer, for I believe that You do liberally give wisdom.

In Jesus' name,


Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment