Friday, June 17, 2016

A prayer of holiness

Lord,

I want a passion for You.  Help me to put You first.  Help me to make You my number one Priority in life.  Forgive me, for I realize that I have not always put You first.  I ask that You would show me what I need to do.  Help me to be holy in the way I think, in the way I watch and entertain myself.  I spend a lot of time with entertainment.  Help me, Lord not just to live holy.  Help me to become holy. Holiness is required for all believer.  I have not lived holy and have not done holy things.  May I see, touch, and think what is holy.  I realize that I have not always had holy thoughts and committed holy deeds.  Lord, forgive me for all of my sins.  Cleanse me from all of my unrighteousness.  I also ask that You would fill me with Your Holy Spirit.  My desire is to live for You, serve You, and love You with all of my soul, mind, and strength.  May I be still to hear Your voice.  Help me be patient and teach me kindness.  I want to be a person of good moral character as You have me to be.  Help me to be hopeful so that I would develop the fruits of the Holy Spirit.  Thank You for lending Your ear to me.  Thank You for guiding me with Your Eye.  Thank You for giving me a liberal dose of wisdom.  I say this in the name of Jesus Christ.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment