Wednesday, December 10, 2014

My Christmas Prayer

Lord,

I know that I haven't written much to You recently.  I have been distracted yet grateful.  Help me to be mindful of what is really going on in the world.  Right now, I am thinking of Christmas and how I am going to come up with the money that I need for the celebration.  I am in need of enough money to celebrate Christmas.  I realize that I am not going to have enough.  There are things that I have yet to spend.  I am glad that You have already answered my prayers.  I am sorry for my sins.  I am sorry that I cannot think of You other than Christmas.  I look forward to the Christmas season.  In fact, it has become hard for me to wait. However, that is what I have been doing for the past few years now. However, if the wait is over, then I realize that the next day symbolizes the end of Christmas. December 26 is one of my least favorite days of the year for that very reason.  I am in need because well, I have no money.  You are the only one I can turn to and I know that with You, nothing is hard, not at all.  I have little idea which day exactly I am going to spend all of this, but I have even less of an idea what I will spend this money on.  I have written and compiled list after list and I don't have enough money to cover the expenses.  I ask You for financial help.  I have at least kept my promise to pay for the bill me later account, which is good.  However, I wish to make a promise to myself and to You that I will be wise with the money that I have received.  I am praying this out of faith and commitment.  Thank You, Lord, for answering my prayer.


In Jesus' name,

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment