Friday, March 14, 2014

Weighty letter

Dear Heavenly Father,

I am motivated to lose weight, but that is all.  Now what?  I want to not only lose weight, but be healthy.  I realize that even though I will be anything but thin, I want to lose 90-100 lbs.  It seems like a big undertaking that is overwhelming.  Maybe I should have divided up into small tasks.  Maybe I need to reward myself, but how?  How do I reward myself without either making myself overwhelmed in the end such as eating too much dessert or buying more than one dress?  I have a mind that says "I can do all things through You who strengthens me".  On the other hand, it is so overwhelming that it gets in the way.  I feel so frustrated, so where do I live by faith even when I am losing weigh?  Lord, I need Your guidance.  I ask that You would open avenues where I can exercise and do other things that I need to do to lose weight.  The urgency factor that often comes into play is what is most overwhelming.  That is how I deal with procrastination.  I know that I have a compulsion issue and that I often give in to cravings, but I cannot use it as an excuse to be lazy. Lord, I need help...and all of Your help.

Sincerely,


Letters to God

No comments:

Post a Comment