Thursday, March 20, 2014

Behaving badly

Dear God,

Today I behaved badly.  My words were not godly and my thoughts were even less godly.  I am sorry for behaving so badly.  I was late for my appointment and that is what started it all as well as a family of people filling up the bus.  I felt horrible at the reaction of the people on the bus.  It all stems from caring what other people think of me.  I am deeply ashamed of my reaction and how I felt about them.  I found myself to be close-minded and bigoted.  My thoughts were those of rudeness and pure hatred for them for no good reason whatsoever.  I felt like a total hypocrite because I behaved like a hypocrite.  I didn't feel joyous or happy.  My prejudice made me miserable.  God, forgive me and help me overcome this prejudice that I have.  What is so wrong with me that I have rude thoughts about people who didn't judge me, or anything like that?  They were just like every other passenger, they were minding their business.  I still feel somewhat icky.  Looking at someone's character is of the utmost importance, not their outside.  I am sorry, Father, and I wish I could take back those thoughts.

Sincerely,


Letters to God

No comments:

Post a Comment