Thursday, July 7, 2016

OCD Acceptance

Lord,

I know that acceptance is something that is quite difficult for me, if not impossible.  I am asking that You would help me find acceptance with having what I have.  It was easy when I found out I had bipolar disorder and also pcos.  How come I cannot do this with ocd?  I now wonder as I am typing this if acceptance is even a part of Your plan.  Maybe there isn't a plan but there is something that I need to know what to do.  Maybe I don't have to do anything but ask to be made free and to be whole. I guess that is because with the other two conditions, they are issues that I can face head on.  OCD on the other hand is scary.  I am afraid that because the thoughts are so worrisome and so in my face that I will never overcome them.  Some things have been comforting to me such as mindfulness and acceptance.  I am mindful that things may or may not be as they seem.  However, I have no clue how to be set free using acceptance.  When if I end up free from infidelity and scrupulosity only to have obsessive thoughts about something else?  I am thankful however to have survived many years having this.  Give me grace to help in time of need. Lord, I need help and I ask You for this help.

Thankfully,

In the name of Jesus,

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment