Monday, July 18, 2016

Being thankful and grateful

Father,

I realize that talking to You is about honesty.  I can be honest with You, because You are the Lord. You love me, for You are Love.  Thank You for loving me, a person from the human race.  None of us are good, not one.  I am asking for forgiveness for not always being grateful.  I ask that You would also give me a fresh perspective on basically everything.  I have a lot to be grateful for, but I often ask not amiss.  I also ask for open eyes, for I know that there are those who are truly in need.  There are many who are even thankful for what they do have.  I have heard the words about needing shoes, yet there was a man with no feet.  I believe it was more or less a song about those who have crosses to bear.  Sometimes I feel like a selfish person because I am unable to see my pain.  I feel guilt about that.  My desire is to be more thankful and more grateful, for I have much to be thankful and grateful for.

In Jesus' name,


Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment