Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Consistency is the Key

Jesus,

May be consistent in spending time with You daily.  I seem to have a lot of work to do in this area.  Every time I sin, I feel like I am lying to You.  Every time I don't sin or make a mistake, I feel like I am also lying.  I know that I still sin, but I also realize that after today, it is as if I have not been perfected.  I need to truly "get my house in order" so to speak.  I either have been in denial or I just realized that I have gotten too comfortable.  I realize now I have no idea which is worse.  I have often felt and still sometimes feel, like a total failure.  Miraculously right now, I feel like though I have a lot to learn on my journey, I have gotten wiser the older I get.  I guess that is life.  Life is obvious in that way.  May I also be consistent in my prayer and my study of the Word.  It has been a while since I have done so.  I ask for Your wisdom and discernment on both of those issues and I thank You for the gifts of discernment and a liberal amount of wisdom.

Sincerely,


Letters to God

No comments:

Post a Comment